Heritage Medical Associates is closely monitoring the latest developments surrounding COVID-19. We are taking numerous precautions to ensure that our clinics remain a safe place for you to receive healthcare and to help limit the spread of COVID-19 within our communities.
Heritage Medical Associates is not currently offering the COVID-19 vaccine, as we have not received any vaccine to distribute. We recommend the vaccine for our patients who are ages 16 and up, with the possible exception of those who have recently been infected with COVID-19, are pregnant, or are allergic to components of the vaccine.
For more information about the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine, we recommend reviewing the Tennessee Department of Health COVID-19 Vaccine Frequently Asked Questions.
For details about the plan and schedule for distributing the vaccine, visit the Tennessee Department of Health COVID-19 Vaccine Information page.
To determine your COVID-19 vaccine distribution phase and to receive notifications when your county moves into your phase, use the Tennessee Department of Health COVID-19 Eligibility Tool.
We understand that this is a time of great uncertainty and you likely have questions and concerns, so please be assured that we will update this page and the Heritage Medical Associates Facebook page as more information becomes available. Please check back regularly for the most up-to-date information.
VISITING YOUR DOCTOR'S OFFICE
For the safety of yourself and others, we ask that you follow these guidelines during your visit:
- Screening – We are screening all physicians, staff, patients and visitors at arrival for COVID risk factors, including fever, respiratory symptoms and potential exposure to the virus. Thank you for your patience during this process.
- Face Coverings - All physicians, staff, patients and visitors are required to wear a mask or face covering while in the clinic. If you decline or are unable to wear a mask, you may be directed to contact your physician for alternative care options.
- Social Distancing - To avoid unnecessary exposure, please maintain good social distancing (about 6 feet or 2 arms’ length) between yourself and other people whenever possible. You will see signage throughout the clinic to assist with these efforts.
- Limit Visitors – As part of our COVID-19 preparedness efforts, we ask that you limit the number of people accompanying you to your visit according to our updated Visitor Guidelines.
- Hand Hygiene - Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. You should wash your hands after touching any item or surface that may be frequently touched by other people and before touching your eyes, nose or mouth. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
We are now offering Virtual Visits for new and established patients. A Virtual Visit is a face-to-face video conference with your physician. If you have an upcoming appointment, your physician may request that you convert your appointment to a Virtual Visit. Your physician is best positioned to know which appointments can be completed via Virtual Visit.
If you suspect that you have been exposed to COVID-19, are experiencing symptoms (new/worsening cough or shortness of breath or new loss of taste or smell), have tested positive or been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 2 weeks or are awaiting test results, please call your physician's office prior to coming to an HMA clinic.
The Department of Health has launched a Tennessee Coronavirus Public Information Line in partnership with the Tennessee Poison Center. The hotline number is 877-857-2945 and will be available from 10 a.m. - 10 p.m Central daily.
Below are links to additional resources and guidance: