Have a question not answered below? For billing inquiries, new patient questions and more, please visit our contact us page to contact a member of our staff today. We’re always available to help!
Virtual Visits FAQs
What is a Virtual Visit?
A Virtual Visit is a face-to-face video conference with your physician. It is a remote alternative to an in-person appointment with your physician.
Does my physician offer Virtual Visits?
Please call your physician’s office to find out if they are currently offering Virtual Visits.
How do I schedule a Virtual Visit?
Schedule a Virtual Visit by calling your physician’s office or sending your physician a FollowMyHealth message requesting a Virtual Visit.
If you have an upcoming appointment, your physician may contact you to ask that you convert your appointment to a Virtual Visit. Your physician is best positioned to know which appointments can be completed via Virtual Visit.
Why should I use a Virtual Visit?
Virtual Visits allow you to connect with your physician via a secure connection. As we take precautions to limit the spread of COVID-19 in our communities, Virtual Visits allow you to communicate face-to-face with your physician while also practicing social distancing.
When are Virtual Visits available?
Virtual Visits are available during normal business hours.
Are Virtual Visits available for new patients?
Many of our physicians are offering Virtual Visits for new patients. To schedule a New Patient Primary Care Virtual Visit, please call 629-255-3584. To find out if a specialist is offering New Patient Virtual Visits, please call the physician's office directly.
Is my Virtual Visit completed by my own physician?
Much like an in-person appointment, your Virtual Visit will be completed by your own physician.
How much does a Virtual Visit cost?
Virtual Visits cost the same as in-person office visits. They are billed to insurance and are subject to copayments and deductibles, if applicable.
How does a Virtual Visit work?
If you have an email address:
- Call your physician’s office or send a FollowMyHealth message to request a Virtual Visit appointment.
- Once your appointment is scheduled, you will receive an email from Heritage Medical Associates with instructions on how to register.
- Click the green button that says “Click Here to Register for Your Virtual Visit” and follow the steps to complete your registration.
- 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time, use your mobile device to open the web address included in your registration email. The link will take you to your provider’s Virtual Visit page.
If you do not have an email address:
- Call your physician’s office to schedule a Virtual Visit.
- 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time, use the web address provided to you to access your physician’s Virtual Visit page.
Once you access your physician's Virtual Visit page:
- On the Virtual Visit page, enter your first and last name in the name field and click “Check In.”
- Click the “Enable Camera” button to allow your video call to have camera and microphone access.
- At this point, you will be directed to a virtual “waiting room.”
- Please wait for your provider to join the call. Once they have joined, your Virtual Visit will start automatically.