HMA is actively working to protect the health of our patients, physicians and staff. As part of our COVID-19 preparedness efforts, effective immediately, the following visitor guidelines are in effect at all HMA locations:
All visitors will be screened at arrival for COVID-19 risk factors. Visitors with the following symptoms, as well as those who are awaiting test results or who have, in the past 2 weeks, been exposed to, tested positive for, or been diagnosed with COVID-19, will not be allowed into the clinic:
- Fever at or above 100F
- New/worsening cough or shortness of breath
- New loss of taste or smell
- Muscle aches and pains
- Nausea, vomiting or diarrhea
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Chills or shaking
- All visitors will be asked to wear a protective face covering or mask while in the clinic and are encouraged to bring their own.
- Persons not seeking medical treatment with an HMA physician are discouraged from visiting HMA facilities.
- Walk-in patients will not be accepted during this time and will be asked to contact their physician’s office to schedule an appointment.
- Persons serving in a support or caregiver role are encouraged to limit their time in the clinic by waiting outside the facility until the end of the patient’s visit, when feasible.