Allergy Office Updates - March 2020
Immunotherapy Patients: Please note the Allergy Office updates in light of COVID-19.
In light of the COVID-19 virus pandemic, we’re doing all we can to maintain appropriate social distancing but also continue caring for our patients on allergy shots. In working with our National Allergy/Immunology Societies, we’ve developed an approach that should achieve the right balance. We’ll implement the changes below starting immediately. Some things we’d like to ask of you are also listed below. Please work with us to contain the spread of the virus and allow protection of our most vulnerable patients.
- Anyone who has fever or respiratory symptoms including cough, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing should not come in for an allergy shot. Please contact us by phone for help in treatment and possible referral for testing.
- Anyone who is currently on a weekly allergy shot schedule will now come once every 10 days.
- Anyone who is currently on an every 3-4 week schedule will come once a month.Anyone on a 2 week schedule will stay on the 2 week schedule.
- We'll be adjusting the doses of the patients still building up on therapy to help minimize the risk of allergic reaction with a drawn out schedule.
- After you get your injection, we ask that you proceed to your vehicle to wait there for the 30 minutes after the injection. If you experience symptoms of a reaction, please return to clinic immediately.
- Patients with special concerns will be asked to wait in an unoccupied exam room for the 30 minute wait after an allergy shot—this will be discussed with the patient individually at the time of their next visit.
- Please try to limit the number of people in the waiting room. We’re working to bring patients back to clinic immediately upon arrival to help facilitate this but if multiple people arrive in the waiting room when you do, please wait outside until some are brought back so that we may adhere to the need for 6 feet between each person.
Allergy Shot Hours:
222 22nd Ave North Office - Downtown Office, 2nd Floor
Wednesday 7:00-5:15 *Note: New Wednesday Hours
Westgate - Brentwood Office
Monday 8:00-11:30, 1:00-4:30
Wednesday 8:00-11:30, 1:00-4:30
Please let us know if you have questions. We’re planning on having our regular hours for allergy shots. We’ll have limited days in clinic seeing patients but if you need help we’ll work hard to see you either in person or through a virtual visit ASAP. We’re already set up for virtual visits online and it’s working well.
Your Friendly Neighborhood Allergists