As part of our commitment to high-quality, patient-centered care, Heritage Medical Associates is now offering Virtual Visits for new and established patients. Virtual Visits are now covered by most insurances and are an alternative to in-person office visits that allow you to video conference with your physician from your mobile device.
- Schedule a Virtual Visit by calling your physician’s office or sending your physician a FollowMyHealth message requesting a Virtual Visit.
- Complete your registration (you'll receive an email/and or text message via Phreesia to prompt you).
- 15 minutes prior to your appointment, you'll receive a text message with a link to start your Virtual Visit.
- Check in, enable your camera, and wait for your physician to join the call. It’s that simple!
Virtual Visits FAQs
Q: What is a Virtual Visit?
A: A Virtual Visit is a face-to-face video conference with your physician. It is a remote alternative to an in-person appointment with your physician.
Q: Does my physician offer Virtual Visits?
A: Please call your physician’s office to find out if they are currently offering Virtual Visits.
Q: How do I schedule a Virtual Visit?
If you have an upcoming appointment, your physician may contact you to ask that you convert your appointment to a Virtual Visit. Your physician is best positioned to know which appointments can be completed via Virtual Visit.
Q: Why should I use a Virtual Visit?
A: A Virtual Visit is a video conference with your physician via a secure connection. Virtual Visits are a convenient alternative to some in-person visits that allow you to communicate face-to-face with your physician while also practicing social distancing.
Q: When are Virtual Visits available?
A: Virtual Visits are available during normal business hours unless otherwise specified by your physician.
Q: Are Virtual Visits available for new patients?
A: Many of our physicians are offering Virtual Visits for new patients. To schedule a New Patient Primary Care Virtual Visit, please call 629-255-3584. To find out if a specialist is offering New Patient Virtual Visits, please call the physician's office directly.
Q: Is my Virtual Visit completed by my own physician?
A: Much like an in-person appointment, your Virtual Visit will be completed by your own physician.
Q: How much does a Virtual Visit cost?
A: Virtual Visits cost the same as in-person office visits. They are billed to insurance and are subject to copayments and deductibles, if applicable.
Q: How does a Virtual Visit work?
A: If you have an email address and/or smartphone:
- Call your physician’s office or send a FollowMyHealth message to request a Virtual Visit appointment.
- Once your appointment is scheduled, you will receive an email and/or text message via Phreesia to complete your registration.
- 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time, you'll receive a text message with a link to start your Virtual Visit.
If you do not have an email address and/or smartphone:
- Call your physician’s office to schedule a Virtual Visit.
- 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time, use the web address provided to you to access your physician’s Virtual Visit page.
Once you access your physician's Virtual Visit page:
- On the Virtual Visit page, enter your first and last name in the name field and click “Check In.”
- Click the “Enable Camera” button to allow your video call to have camera and microphone access.
- At this point, you will be directed to a virtual “waiting room.”
- Please wait for your provider to join the call. Once they have joined, your Virtual Visit will start automatically.